rigney road


An early landowner in Tanilba Bay area

John Gregory Rigney, the original landowner possessed a large holding of land in the Tanilba Bay area. The land was bounded by the old sand mining road to Oyster Cove from the Avenue of the Allies and 241 acres to the waterfront.

Land holdings Gregory Rigney 1927

John Rigney had left the land to the Catholic Church Trust in 1917. Following probate and a disputed court case, the church sold the land to Halloran for his Tanilba Bay subdivision.